Business Development Manager - Navhouse Corporation
Navhouse Corporation, one Canada’s iconic MROs, is looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to join its team of inertial navigation professionals. The successful candidate will help Navhouse grow its position as the global leader in the repair & overhaul of Litton and Delco inertial navigation systems as well as build its position as an authorized Honeywell inertial reference repair facility.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Business Development Manager is responsible for developing new customers and contributing towards the growth of Navhouse’s products portfolio. The BDM will align their objectives with the overall objectives of Navhouse. The BDM will identify and qualify all relevant product development opportunities to grow Navhouse's portfolio.
Responsible for development and execution of the organization’s business development growth objectives, essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Developing and executing a detailed sales strategy focused on building new customers and growth opportunities.
- Leveraging relationships within the MRO industry, government and regulatory agencies to identify potential new business opportunities.
- Nurturing and manage strong business relationships with all customers.
- Employing consultative selling skills with strong knowledge of the full suite of Navhouse's products and processes in order to recommend specific products and services that satisfy identified client needs.
- Managing and maintaining a sales pipeline, ensuring all sales administration activity is current.
- Identifying, qualifying and developing new revenue opportunities by planning, establishing and implementing MRO strategies and goals that support overall revenue targets.
- Working other departments to ensure buy in and support during initial discussions with potential customers to ensure capability.
- Articulating and communicating product related matter with customers and within Navhouse.
- Thinking outside the box to innovative ideas in delivering Navhouse MRO products to the market place.
- Working with internal departments and branches to support corporate objectives and bring forward customer feedback and recommend product-enhancing solutions.
- Responding effectively to rapid changes in the market place by implementing creative product changes.
- Organizing and representing Navhouse at selected Trade Shows and other industry events.
- Work closely with Customer Service Manager to ensure contract requirements are being met.
- Completion of post-secondary education with a degree or diploma in Business Administration or similar field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in an MRO/Aerospace company with a strong background in sales and marketing.
- Knowledge of and experience working in the inertial navigation field is a definite asset.
- Strong project management background desired.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Confident negotiator with the ability to “close the deal”.
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal, communication, presentation, leadership & decision making skills.
- Results oriented and proven ability for attention to detail and deadlines.
- Ability to build strong relationships with both internal and external customers
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical skills when dealing with complex data and industry information.
- Ability to cope with irregular or multiple work demands.
- Must be receptive to flexible work hours and extensive travel expectations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Team Player and ability to provide mentoring and assistance to team members.
- Motivated self-starter who can work with minimal direction and supervision.